1. Save the Date Postcards - What better way to introduce this special event than an intimate save the date postcard that shows their passion to travel and their love for Beantown? Another idea would be to use a real postcard from the destination of the wedding (if it's already picked) with a handwritten personal note to the guest. (in case of a smaller wedding)
2. Boston Map Theme Invitation Cards - This served as a prelude to the destination the couple chose to tie the knot! The entire invitation set had a Boston map border.
3. Escort Cards - The escort card had a map for the border and clear space in the center for the details of the guest name and table number. The design was tied in with the invitation cards that were sent out to create a consistent design feel.
4. Escort Card Table - This was one of the highlights at the wedding. The florist incorporated lucite cascading pillar designs with rustic ferns, a beautiful vintage globe, a vintage airplane, and votives to create a showstopper escort card display.
5. Table Numbers - Once again, the table number cards boldly displayed the map and travel theme with a table number in the center. Another option would be to use city names instead of numbers. You could also add a personal fun fact/trivia to the table card to make it more interactive.
6. Luggage Tag Favors - What better way to really display their passion of travel than using these chic luggage tags with a map. Now all their guests can travel in style!
7. Table Backdrop - The same country used in the favor was also displayed in a large frame as a backdrop for the table. You can even go an extra mile and use push pins to show the cities you have visited as a couple and the cities you would like to visit in a contrasting pushpin color.
8. Travel Posters Decor - Since the reception was an art deco theme, Mint2B creatively used oversized posters of India on floor easels to continue the travel theme to the dance party on the rooftop!
9. Travel Themed Wedding Website - Our couple used historic buildings to represent each page on their website. They created a detail "Travel Guide" section that gave customized information to their out-of-towners based on one's interest (ex., A page each for the Geek, Women, Bookworms etc). They made sure their guests knew the best places in New England to wine, dine, shop, party and have a blast at their wedding!
This is an area to really go all out. Create a poll for your guests to vote for a destination for your honeymoon from the top three places you both have shortlisted. Add pictures and stories from the trips you both took together. Last but not the least add a section to list out cities on your bucket list.
Finally, whatever your style might be, personalize your wedding so it shows who you really are as a couple! At M2B, we love to be inspired and challenged to make your wedding as beautiful as you imagine it to be (if not better!).